10 Reasons not to have hypnosis
Reasons against hypnosis
1) You may feel totally relaxed. Hypnosis is a totally natural state of relaxation. Many hypnotists will also give their clients a positive suggestion like “When you wake, you will feel totally relaxed, like you have just had an 8 hour sleep” at the end of the hypnotic session.
2) Speaking of sleep, many people have such stress and can’t shut off when they go to bed. They lay awake all night, or wake up during the night wondering how to pay the bills or how to deal with that customer tomorrow etc. Hypnosis can help you to deal with that stress and have a peaceful night’s sleep. You can’t consistently have restless nights without it affecting your performance. We all need a good night sleep to fire on all cylinders and to be on our top form.
3) You may overcome your fear of failure. How many people do you know who are forever saying I should do this and I should do that, but never do? They may be scared that if they try, and they failed, that people would laugh at them. We would never have travelled by aeroplane if people like the Wright brothers did not attempt to fly in the first place. We may never have had lights if Thomas Edison gave up and did not invent the light bulb. When a reporter asked Edison about the amount of times he had failed, Edison simply replied that he had not failed, but rather successfully found 10 000 ways not to make a light bulb. It is true that sometimes things may not go to plan the first time. It sure is a great feeling though when they do and you achieve success.
4) You could overcome the fear of success. There are probably as many people scared of success as there are people scared of failure. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.” Marianne Williamson. There are many, many people who are scared that if they succeed, their friends or family will shun them. “What will they think? Will they think I am trying to rise above my station in life?” You deserve to be the best you can be. Stop living in the shadows.
5) Stop self mutilation. Whether that is hair pulling or any other form of self harming. There are often underlying issues that cause a person to self harm and with the help of hypnosis the client can deal with those “reasons”, help with a new coping strategy and help you live a happier, healthier life.
6) You may have no more excuses for doing public speaking or standing up in front of a crowd. Did you know that more people are scared of public speaking than they are of dying? That is startling when you think that we speak to other people all the time and with the help of hypnosis you can easily and confidently stand up in front of your peers. Many people have found they can do that business presentation, best man speech, or any other form of public speaking event that they were so afraid of.
7) Help you with that weight you have been meaning to lose. One reason so many diets only work for a short time and so many people pick up more weight than before they started, is that they did not deal with the root cause of them getting over weight. Hypnosis could help you to shift those pounds and to keep them off. You could have that body you want.
8) You could finally stop smoking. This New Years Eve there will again be millions of people who will make a resolution to stop smoking and by the end of January; most of them will be back with a cigarette in hand. Hypnosis could help clients to stop smoking. Smoking is an addiction and like other addictions, hypnosis can help you to overcome the urge to smoke.
9) Be free from having that phobia that has been you back. Who do you know who would like to go on that overseas holiday of a life time, but has a fear of flying? How many people are there that have a fear of snakes or spiders or other any other phobias? Phobias are debilitating and they give power to an irrational fear, which could be over come in one session of hypnosis. Take control of your life and be free of phobias.
10) Did you know that Anger has been suggested to be a contributor factor to the big C word? Cancer. We all have those times when somebody or something makes us so angry. Whether that be road rage or the customer services person on the other end of the phone who is not seeing your side. What if you could actually deal with that anger in a positive way and let it all go? You may find you are a much more relaxed and healthy person. Anger is not healthy and does not do you any good. Let it go.
There are many more things that hypnosis can help you with and the following is only a short list and is certainly not exhaustive.
- Stop smoking
- Weight loss
- Eating issues
- Phobia cure
- Fear of Events coming up
- Children– bed wetting, Bullying, Confidence
So if you want to keep any or all the problems mentioned, don’t go and see a hypnotist. Hang on to your problems and at least you can blame someone or something else.
Of of course you do want to let go of any presenting problem, you may be required to ask your doctor or other professional therapist for a referral letter in certain circumstances.
Wayne Farrell has been in and around sales and business for over 20 years, including a Business Networking organisation in North West England. Here Wayne brought companies together and assisted them in growing. He is now a Master Practitioner and Trainer of Coaching, NLP, Timeline Therapy® and Hypnosis.